LaCroix Veterinary Hospital is seeking an experienced, compassionate Registered Veterinary Technician to join our team! We are a small animal practice and take pride in offering the best medical care possible for all of our patients. Our veterinary technicians are an essential part of our team and assist in enabling quality veterinary care and facilitating a positive client experience. Our veterinary technicians are responsible for all aspects of hospital flow including assisting with in-room appointments, assisting with surgical patients, and caring for hospitalized patients.
Veterinary Technician Duties
- Assisting with sterile surgical procedures including prepping, scrubbing, surgical suite set-up, anesthesia administration and monitoring, and patient recovery
- Assisting with dental procedures and dental radiology
- Monitoring of hospitalized patients including performing and recording treatments
- Assisting with taking radiographs including proper placement and knowledge of patient positioning
- Placing IV catheters and maintaining feeding tubes and urinary catheters
- Giving IV and IM injections
- Performing diagnostic testing and lab work including cytologies
- Assisting with routine preventive care and sick patient visits including taking vitals, gathering patient information, client education, and assisting with the patients’ medical care
- Performing other duties as assigned
Candidates must be detail oriented, able to multi-task, and able to maintain a positive and professional attitude in a sometimes stressful environment. Must have a strong work ethic and good communication skills with team members and clients. Competitive pay and benefits offered. EOE
Seniority Level: Associate
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Other
Please email us by clicking the button below and we’ll provide you with the application information.