Wake Veterinary Hospital & Urgent Care is a full-service small animal hospital open 24 hours a day servicing the greater Raleigh, NC area.
We are seeking an experienced full-time veterinary assistant/technician to join our team. This position offers an exciting opportunity to support both our emergency services and our day practice patients.
Technician duties would include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with sterile surgical procedures including prepping, scrubbing, surgical suite set-up, anesthesia administration and monitoring, and patient recovery
- Assisting with dental procedures and dental radiology
- Monitoring of hospitalized patients including performing and recording treatments
- Assisting with ultrasounds and radiographs including proper placement and knowledge of patient positioning
- Placing IV catheters and maintaining feeding tubes and urinary catheters
- Giving IV and IM injections
- Performing diagnostic testing and lab work including cytologies
- Assisting with routine preventive care and sick patient visits including taking vitals, gathering patient information, client education, and assisting with the patients’ medical care
- Performing other duties as assigned
Candidates should possess at least 2 years of experience. We are seeking detail-oriented candidates with strong abilities in communication and multi-tasking. Candidates must be able to maintain a positive and professional attitude in a fast-paced environment. EOE
Please email us by clicking the button below and we’ll provide you with the application information.