Knightdale Animal Hospital is seeking an experienced and compassionate full-time Veterinary Assistant/Technician to join our team.
From wellness exams and vaccines to advanced diagnostics and complex surgical procedures, our dogs, cats, and ferrets receive high quality care at our hospital.
Assistant duties would include, but are not limited to:
- Following opening/closing procedures for hospital
- Performing routine cleaning
- Care of boarding/hospitalized patients
- Daily call backs to clients
- Restrain patients
- Assist in taking of radiographs
- Give IV & IM injections
- Dispense controlled drugs
- Place IV catheters and maintain feeding tubes and urinary catheters
- Perform cytologies
- Assist with dental procedures
Candidates must be detail oriented, able to multi-task, and able to maintain a positive and professional attitude in a sometimes stressful environment. Schedule includes weekend and holiday coverage. At least one year of experience preferred. Must have a strong work ethic and good communication skills with team members and clients. EOE
Please email us by clicking the button below and we’ll provide you with the application information.