Surgery Services Manager
Points East Veterinary Specialty Hospital in Wilson, NC offers board-certified veterinary surgery and emergency services to the beloved pets of the area. With the most up-to-date diagnostic techniques, advanced treatment plans, and 24-hour nursing care, our pets can receive optimal care right here in North Carolina.
- Oversee the daily operations of the surgery service and actively manage the surgery team with frequent and direct communication on day-to-day responsibilities and workflow.
- Function in the practice as a Surgical Veterinary Technician or Assistant
- Identify areas for improvement in the operational processes and work with the Vets Pets management to formulate and implement systemic solutions.
- Partner with Vets Pets management to interview, select, train, develop, coach, mentor new employees.
- Direct, lead, and mentor staff to realize their potential through individual goal setting and frequent communication to monitor progress and tweak goals as needed.
- Focus on staff development and involvement to address issues and improve themselves and the hospital.
- Routinely lead surgical team meetings and one-on-one meetings with staff members and doctors.
- Work with Vets Pets management to educate and delegate administrative responsibilities to team members.
- Responsible for overseeing administrative duties, including expense management, staff scheduling, and inventory management for the surgery service.
- Assure surgical suite readiness for service and inspection.
- Ensure compliance with all practice policies and procedures and with all local state and federal laws.
- Communication: Constantly listens, relates, encourages, and motivates the team.
- Leadership: Clearly demonstrates how and why team members perform tasks and lead by example.
- Customer Service: Always works to find a way to say yes. Serves as a client champion and leads team to maintain exceptional services.
- Conflict management: Actively addresses conflict and works to create opportunities from it.
- Staff development: Encourage and motivate staff to take responsibility, grow & improve.
- Organization: Able to prioritize and take a systematic approach in completing assignments.
- Technology: Knowledgeable of Microsoft office and practice management software.
- Physical: Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
Requirements and Qualifications
- BS degree preferred Associate degree or the equivalent combination of education, training & experience.
- Three years of related experience required
- Previous managerial responsibilities in Veterinary Medicine are preferred.
- RVT, CVT, LVT & experience preferred.
Perks and benefits include:
- A choice between two medical plans with prescription drug benefits
- Dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan with employer match, including immediate vesting
- Life insurance for yourself, spouse, and eligible dependents
- Paid time off / holidays
- Flexible schedules
- Health Savings Account available
- Short term disability available
- Supplemental critical illness and accident plans through Principal and The Hartford
- Uniform allowance
- Employee assistance program
- Generous pet care discount for employee pets
- Continuing education opportunities
- Strong career growth and personal development opportunities