We are seeking an experienced Registered Veterinary Technician with stellar communication skills to lead Oak Heart Veterinary Hospital at Dixie Trail in Raleigh, NC in providing the highest quality veterinary care and exceptional client service.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual that is interested in helping a new veterinary hospital get started and grow. This role involves balancing working in role as a veterinary technician with administrative and leadership responsibilities.
In order to facilitate efficient hospital flow in a nurturing environment for both staff and clients, responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the daily operations of the hospital and actively managing the team with frequent and direct communication on daily responsibilities and workflow
- Functioning in the practice as a veterinary technician, assistant, receptionist, or a combination thereof
- Identifying areas for improvement in “big picture” operational processes and working with Vets Pets management to formulate and implement systemic solutions
- Partnering with Vets Pets management to interview, select, train, develop, coach, mentor and, if necessary, discipline and terminate staff
- Directing, leading and mentoring staff to realize their potential through individual goal setting and frequent communication to monitor progress and tweak goals as needed
- Focusing on staff development and involvement to address issues and improve themselves and the hospital
- Communicating positively and effectively and routinely leading hospital team meetings and one-on-one meetings with staff members and doctors
- Working with Vets Pets management to educate and delegate administrative responsibilities to team members
- Overseeing administrative duties including expense management, cash control/banking, loss prevention, office and medical supply ordering, staff scheduling and inventory management
- Overseeing facility cleanliness and organization
- Ensuring compliance with all practice policies and procedures and with all local, state and federal laws
The successful candidate will have three years’ related experience in the healthcare, veterinary profession, or service industry. Previous experience with supervisory responsibilities in veterinary medicine preferred. EOE
Please email us by clicking the button below and we’ll provide you with the application information.