The primary function of the Practice Manager is to lead the hospital team in providing the highest quality veterinary care and exceptional client service.
- Oversee the daily operations of the hospital and actively manage the team with frequent and direct communication on a daily responsibilities and workflow.
- Function in the practice as a Veterinary Technician, Assistant, Receptionist or a combination thereof
- Identify areas for improvement in the “big picture” operational processes and work with the Vets Pets management to formulate and implement systemic solutions.
- Partner with Vets Pets management to interview, select, train, develop, coach, mentor and if necessary discipline and terminate staff.
- Direct, lead and mentor staff to realize their potential through individual goal setting and frequent communication to monitor progress and tweak goals as needed.
- Focus on staff development and involvement to address issues and improve themselves and the hospital.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate. Routinely lead hospital team meetings and one-on-one meetings with staff members and doctors.
- Work with Vets Pets management to educate and delegate administrative responsibilities to team members.
- Responsible for overseeing administrative duties including expense management, cash, control/banking, loss prevention, office and medical supply ordering, staff scheduling and inventory management.
- Responsible for overseeing facility cleanliness and organization.
- Ensure compliance with all practice policies and procedures and with all local state and federal laws.
Desired Character Traits:
- Warmth & empathy: Easily relates to people and sees from their perspective
- Initiative: Naturally possess a strong work ethic and seek responsibility & progress
- Flexible & Open-minded: Willing to listen and try new things & others ideas
- Cooperation: Enjoys working with others to solve problems and share credit & admit fault
- Positive Attitude: Brushes off negativity & responds well under stress & pressure
- Goal-oriented: Ambitious, driven and enjoys managing for results.
- Communication: Constantly listens, relates, encourages and motivates the team
- Leadership: Clearly demonstrates how and why team members perform task and leads by example.
- Customer Service: Always works to find a way to say yes. Serves as a client champion and leads team to maintain exceptional services.
- Conflict management: Actively addresses conflict and works to create opportunities from it
- Staff development: Encourage and motivates staff to take responsibility, grow & improve
- Organization: Able to prioritize and take a systematic approach in completing assignments
- Technology: Comfortable suing a computer and practice management software
- Physical: Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
Experience, Education, &/or Training
- BS degree preferred, Associate degree or the equivalent combination of education, training & experience
- Three years related experience required (Health care, veterinary, service industry, etc)
- Previous managerial responsibilities in Veterinary Medicine preferred.
- RVT, CVT, LVT & experience preferred.
Perks and benefits include:
- A choice between three medical plans with prescription drug benefits
- Dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan with employer match, including immediate vesting
- Life insurance for yourself, spouse and eligible dependents
- Paid time off / holidays
- Flexible schedules
- Health Savings Account available
- Short term disability available
- Supplemental critical illness and accident plans through Principal and The Hartford
- Uniform allowance
- Employee assistance program
- Generous pet care discount for employee pets
- Continuing education opportunities
- Strong career growth and personal development opportunities