Points East Veterinary Specialty Hospital, a rapidly growing 24-hour hospital is seeking an experienced team member to join our hospital management team.
This position reports directly to the ER/ICU Manager. In order to facilitate efficient hospital flow in a nurturing environment for both staff and clients, responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Overseeing the ER/ICU Staff and ER Reception
- Directing the ER team through their daily routines and ensuring quality patient care through training and mentoring of staff
- Assist the ER/ICU Manager with staffing and administrative duties
- Works closely with ER/ICU Manager to address customer concerns
- Works closely with ER/ICU Manager to conduct initial interviews for ER/ICU staff
- Upholds leadership and training initiatives to ensure that the team is knowledgeable and proficient to provide safe care, sanitary conditions and a positive environment for patients and clients
- 2 years management/leadership experience.
- Knowledge of emergency surgical procedures and related equipment.
- Strong technical skills working in ER and ICU.
- Completion of a Veterinary Technology program and credentialing as a Veterinary Technician is preferred but not required.
Perks and benefits include:
- A choice between three medical plans with prescription drug benefits
- Dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan with employer match, including immediate vesting
- Life insurance for yourself, spouse and eligible dependents
- Paid time off / holidays
- Flexible schedules
- Health Savings Account available
- Short term disability available
- Supplemental critical illness and accident plans through Principal and The Hartford
- Uniform allowance
- Employee assistance program
- Generous pet care discount for employee pets
- Continuing education opportunities
- Strong career growth and personal development opportunities