EC VETS is an after-hours emergency and critical care veterinary hospital located in Wilson, NC.
We are seeking an experienced veterinary assistant/technician to join our team. This part time position requires weekend and holiday availability.
Assistant/Technician duties would include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with sterile surgical procedures including prepping, scrubbing, surgical suite set-up, anesthesia administration and monitoring, and patient recovery
- Monitoring of hospitalized patients including performing and recording treatments
- Assisting with radiographs including proper placement and knowledge of patient positioning
- Placing IV catheters and maintaining feeding tubes and urinary catheters
- Giving IV and IM injections
- Performing diagnostic testing and lab work
- Triaging patients including basic injury/illness assessment, gathering patient information, and taking vitals
- Performing other duties as assigned
Candidates should possess at least 2 years of experience. We are seeking detail-oriented candidates with strong abilities in communication and multi-tasking. Candidates must be able to maintain a positive and professional attitude in a fast-paced environment. EOE
Please email us by clicking the button below and we’ll provide you with the application information.