We are a collaborative group of small-animal veterinary hospitals based in Wilson, NC with locations throughout the Triangle and Eastern North Carolina region. We were founded in 2007 with 2 locations and expanded to over 20 through acquisitions and start-ups. Our team has created a tremendous opportunity in a growing industry. We set ambitious goals for our future and are investing in a Director of Marketing and Communications to help beat them.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will be a new position. We currently share responsibilities across functions and rely heavily on 3rd parties for advertising, graphic design, internal/external communications, marketing, print, PR. etc.
Our view of the ideal candidate is someone:
- Excited to be part of a small leadership team driven by challenge
- Drawn to diverse work and who enjoys executing in the weeds, strategizing on the big picture and bringing both together
- Able to prioritize opportunities/needs and focus time on most valuable/pressing
- Experienced in direct to consumer marketing focused on local market strategies
- Who can work across the company from practice teams to the executive team
The position’s core responsibilities will be to:
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and lead the Company’s marketing and communication efforts
- Develop a scaleable practice-level playbook for digital and other marketing, merchandising, communications, social media, client communication/engagement/retention, event planning, reputation management, etc.
- Support local managers execute -in execution of the playbook and adjust for local needs
- Collaborate with operational leaders to advance client and recruiting relationship management
- Develop the Vets Pets brand around its people, beliefs and culture through internal and external communication initiatives and management
- Coordinate with 3rd party firms for outside expertise and services, including oversight of digital footprint and collateral materials
- Develop key metrics and report on ROI for impact on brand, business, and financial goals
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years in relevant experience, including multi-unit service business experience
Please email us by clicking the button below and we’ll provide you with the application information.