The Benefits and Payroll Specialist will be responsible for executing benefits administration activities, leading our benefits education programs, completing data related tasks for accurate payroll processing, and supporting employment related administrative activities.
Our view of the ideal candidate is someone who:
- Has experience with administrating benefits and/or payroll
- Is flexible in helping with projects to support Vets Pets talent and general practice operations as needed
- Is extremely detail oriented
The Benefits and Payroll Specialist’s core responsibilities will be:
- Completes administrative benefits duties. Processes enrollments and terminations for health insurance coverage. Administers Vets Pets specific benefit plans, including uniform and shoe reimbursements. Reviews documentation related to Aflac enrollment to ensure accuracy with current employee census.
- Provide benefits education. Oversees initial education for new hires on benefit offerings, including our medical insurance, ancillary offerings, and retirement plan. Provides ongoing education to the employee population to maximize engagement with our benefits resources. Leads education during open enrollment process.
- Payroll activities. Performs data entry in ADP to prepare payroll processing. Follows up on payroll related inquiries from employees. Oversees compliance with payroll related policies, including mileage and CE reimbursement.
- Compliance activities. In collaboration with the Accounting team, completes reporting, including EEO, OSHA, 1095C, and Census Bureau, and BLS requirements. Oversees I9 compliance.
Completes employment administrative duties. Enters requests for background checks into ADP system. Enters new hires into HRIS system. Completes status changes, transfers, and terminations in HRIS system. Completes e-verifications. Responds to employment verifications. Maintains physical employee files.
- Worker’s compensation and safety oversight. Ensures proper documentation is completed regarding workplace injuries. Coordinates claims with insurance carrier. Monitors trends in injuries and collaborates with HR and Operations Directors on safety related initiatives.
- Collaborates with HR and General Practice Operations team. Makes recommendations for opportunities to continue to advance as an employer of choice in the veterinary field.
Experience and Education
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- ADP experience preferred
- Professional responsibilities for multi-site location a plus
Please email us by clicking the button below and we’ll provide you with the application information.